Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a show on The national geographic channel about high speed trains. One of the segments was about how the trains have to lean into the corners to be able to maintain their speed. They demonstrated how leaning helps by sitting in two different types of bike sidecars. the first was the traditional type, straight upright through the corners. The second one was interesting because the bike and sidecar were built to lean. the bike and sidecar were connected together in such a way that they both leaned together. It was very cool. it was a short segment and I couldn't tell what kind of bike it was.

Mike

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that looks like the one I saw. It look pretty neat.

Mike

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
How I would LOVE to have a side car. Then my best friend (dog) would be riding with me!
Guess I'll have to strap my cats on the luggage rack, they won't be willing participants!
Dan

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
How I would LOVE to have a side car. Then my best friend (dog) would be riding with me!
Guess I'll have to strap my cats on the luggage rack, they won't be willing participants!
Dan
I'm right there with ya. Only for me, it'd be so my wife AND son could both be with me....

·
Registered
150 Posts
On a ride up to Crater Lake, OR one year I got stuck behind this guy. At this point, it would be better to just buy a convertible as it's not really a motorcycle anymore.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Dan
I'm going to join the "me too" list on this one.
Every time I go out riding and camping, I know that I'm leaving my dog and best friend (Finnegan) behind. Like me, he loves to get outdoors and I know he'd enjoy the heck out of it.

He's way to large for the usual dog-carriers out there, so a sidecar is the only option...and it's an expense I just don't need right now (finally beginning to recover from 8 years of college-related expenses for my daughters. :D)

Maybe someday. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts