Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2003 shadow spirit 750. I wanted to remove the sissy bar and luggage rack but they both are attached to some sort of metal piece that looks like it's joined with the the rear fender. Any ideas on how to remove it? It looks like it's right near the rear suspension mounts.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Unbolt it and pull it off.You will need the shorter bolts to reattach it or risk sidewall damage to the tire.It is a Multi Piece design back there so loosen all Bolts and pull 1 at a time if you are Nervous.well 2 at a time and angle the bracket up and put the bolts back in then repeat

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But won't I risk pulling off the rear shock absorbers as well? Im still not sure exactly which bolts I need to pull off.. What I'll do is try to find a picture or take a picture of my the one on my shadow and post it on the thread so you have a better idea. Thanks for the tip though I'll check it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See how the back rest is connected to a bracket? On my shadow the rest can be taken off from the bracket but the bracket will still be sticking up a little. You can see the bracket follows the fender and seems to be joining at the bolt where the rear shock absorber is held. I'm pretty sure it's held by the same bolt thats holding the absorber. Is it possible to remove it without removing the absorber?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...I think on my bike it's a bit different its a Shadow Spirit the bracket looks a little different. Either way I'll check it out and post pictures if anything

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never mind, I took a quick look with a flashlight and it makes sense. Gonna try taking it off tomorrow and letting you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Mine is a 03 Shadow Spirit also and I had to remove the bolts to install the backrest on mine so you are just doing it in Reverse of me.Dont forget the stock bolts are shorter than the ones for the sissybar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Managed to get it off yesterday thanks for the help guys. Only problem now are the screws are too long just as you said. I just bough this bike a week ago hopefully the previous owner still has the originals...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts