Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys - recently purchased a 2006 Shadow Spirit used mainly for commuting and what not, which usually includes a Saddleman bag that attaches to a section of fabric that fits under the passenger seat. This works OK for short trips, where there isn't a lot of movement of the bike to move the bag back and forth or side to side.

So, was considering a sissy bar - this bag allows for attachment like I'm currently implementing, and/or over a sissy bar also. I'm thinking I'd feel much more confident have the bag fit over a bar.

Can anybody recommend a specific package for my bike? Is chrome necessary, or will steel wear almost as well over time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please - don't all reply at once!

Actually, it probably sounds like an odd question, but there is, what appears to be, a crap-load of sissy bars out there, yet it also seems that some fit only specific Honda Shadow 750's.

So, I guess my main question: Is there a particular sissy-bar package that is head and shoulders above the rest - specifically manufactured for a 2006 Honda Shadow 750 Spirit 750 - in terms of quality, ease of installation, useability, etc. Again, keep in mind, this is sissy bar is NOT for a passenger, but for securing a decent-sized travel bag.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts