Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need one. The thing I'm confused about when shopping online is...do I buy the bar and the pad separate or do they come together?

This seems like it should be an easy question and thing to do, but I'm thoroughly confused.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've been looking my self at them and you have to read very carefully and if your still not sure call them but so far most you have to buy the mounts then the sissy bar and then the pad while I have found a few that are the whole shubang. I can't beleive the price of bike accesories things for semis or regular cars and trucks are cheaper espeacially considering the size difference. I been considering just getting some stainless steel square bar and bending one up the weld on the mounts then buff it and polish it to a shine then get me some black leather maybe hand tool me a pattern on then wrap my own pad. The only problem with this is time and how bad the wife wants one :lol:

·
Registered
500 Posts
When I bought my sissy bar I got a "off" brand and I couldn't get it lined up properly. I ended up taking it back to the dealer and got the Honda Line product for $50 more and of course it went together a lot easier. If you purchase a non-Honda brand make sure you can return it with no restocking fee if it doesn't go together without modification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.