Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Shadow 750 ACE 1998
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son was playing basketball right next to my motorcycle last summer and he missed and the ball went flying straight on top of my motorcycles side mire breaking it right off. I got a new set and I wanted to share my experience with these mirrors as there is a lot of hesitation out there and it is for a good reason but there is a lot that is unfounded. I do not receive any kickback from this review or discounts or anything I’m just posting my experience with these. Here is where I got them: HERE

• Do they work? Yes, they work great and they can be adjusted to where you want them to be but it is a hassle to do this as they are not on a ball and socket. What happens is the top is a half ball and socket and then you have to position the rest of the arm to make the turn so this can be very frustrating as you are trying to set it up and it is not something that can be done while riding. The key here is that it can be done if you work it enough and understand how it works. I was eventually able to get them exactly where I needed them using all points of rotation.

• Quality. This is where it gets… hairy.
    • They are extremely well built in my opinion they feel good
    • The chrome part the skeleton hand holds has begun to fade in a very odd fake chrome way. And as you can see in my picture it is actually fading after 1 season of riding. I’m going to try to get it to look nice again, but that is it cleaned up after only 1 season of riding. Now the cleaner is just a generic motorcycle cleaner but I think it should look a lot better than that.
    • Does it stay in place when riding? Yes, I haven’t had any problems with that.

• Price. The price on these is awesome. I love them and how they make my bike look and feel. I think they are well worth the price of having to fix the chrome section on them. Or even buy new every year….. ok no, that’s not cool and I would not be ok with that too much work and money.

In summary they are great and I believe the good outweighs the bad unless I cant get the shine back in them. Any suggestions on how to get the shine back would be greatly appreciated! I’m thinking of putting some alcohol on cotton and rubbing it down. I will post if I can get a better cleaning on them.

·
Registered
2007 VT1100C2
206 Posts
Hey cool. I got the same kind in all chrome. Mine are Krator brand from Kapsco Moto. They are solid, heavy, durable feeling. Very adjustable. I like how high they stick up and out. I see everything with these.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts