Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with the idea of having my 750 rebuilt over the winter. Are there any "backyard mechanics" in SLC who are known to be really good with rebuilding these v-twins? I have toyed with doing it myself, but I think I'd just get flustered and ruin a decent bike. I don't want to pay a formal shop to do it, because of the astronomical cost.

Looking for someone with a good reputation.

Thanks - and if anyone's ever interested in an SLC meet up, I'd love to ride. PM me and we can swap contact info.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been looking for a rebuild as well and haven't come across anything, when I do I'll be sure to post it here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a valid question - it probably doesn't. At the time, I was thinking about making it bullet-proof by rebuilding it, but honestly? I just turned 20,000 miles on the bike yesterday--there's not a Honda engine in the world that can't go 20,000 miles. That's like the break-in period.

I do see some oil leaking from the camshaft grommets, but that's probably just due to age. I think there are bigger fish to fry with the bike.

·
Registered
11,281 Posts
It's a valid question - it probably doesn't. At the time, I was thinking about making it bullet-proof by rebuilding it, but honestly? I just turned 20,000 miles on the bike yesterday--there's not a Honda engine in the world that can't go 20,000 miles. That's like the break-in period.

I do see some oil leaking from the camshaft grommets, but that's probably just due to age. I think there are bigger fish to fry with the bike.
I wouldn't put time and money into rebuilding an engine with only 20,000 miles on it. Just keep riding it and enjoy. I was actually referring to Lando as his bike is a 2003.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The Engine is already bullet proof. I wouldn't think anyone could over proof it. Mine has 46,000 on it still runs like new. It is a 2007 Spirit 750.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts