Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Honda Sabre and I have two issues with the bike.

1. When I’m doing 55MPH and I accelerate fast, the acceleration is slow, sluggish.
2. When I’m ridding and I de-accelerate, the bike sometimes back fires.
The bike has 5000 miles and I have stock exhaust. What is the issue and how can I fix it?

Thank you,

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would try the easy stuff first, plugs, air filter, fuel filter. If that don't help, does the Sabre have mechanical valves or hydraulic? do they need adjusted?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
60103 said:
I have a 2004 Honda Sabre and I have two issues with the bike.

1. When I’m doing 55MPH and I accelerate fast, the acceleration is slow, sluggish.
2. When I’m ridding and I de-accelerate, the bike sometimes back fires.
The bike has 5000 miles and I have stock exhaust. What is the issue and how can I fix it?

Thank you,
I'm going out on a limb but, at 55 and punching the Sabre you maybe just lugging it a bit, heck it will run 60+ in 4th????
On the de-accelerate I would would adjust the A/F mixture screws out to 3.0 turns from a lightly seated position and everyonce in awhile just check your plugs to see how they are looking http://www.dansmc.com/Spark_Plugs/Spark_Plugs_catalog.html (picked this up from another forum) and another thing I would do is get the carbs sync'd (a big help) along with the A/F adjustment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts