Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Is there a usual suspect on an '83 that has a small drip? I can't seem to find anything, but there's usually a small drop or two on the garage floor after it's been parked. I've wiped down the bottom of the engine, but it's still appearing.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
It's no good wiping just the bottom of the bike, you need a piece of clean kitchen paper towel and wipe all the way up until the oil smear disappears .. if the oil is coming from the clutch slave cylinder then it is probably the pushrod oil seal.

John.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems to collect by the drain plug; I installed a new crush washer last time I changed the oil.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
It seems to collect by the drain plug; I installed a new crush washer last time I changed the oil.
Gently nudge the bolt to be sure it is tight...also, make sure the oil filter is not loose. Just hand tight is all you need, if you can turn it a little tighter by hand that may do the trick.

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Gotta be vigilant on these oil leaks!!

Gotta FIND IT!!!
Needs to be your Motto, Clean, run, check/watch is my method...

Good suggestions here,
Dennis

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,445 Posts
I'd determine where the leak is at before doing any nudging. There been instances of cracked lower case around the oil drain plug area from over tightening. Also a oil plug gasket could have a oversize (ID) thus not sealing properly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts