Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i am hearing this sound whenever i start my bike its like a small "took, took" like sound when i touch the air box, i can feel it in there also on the puke tube i can feel the pressure there. Is this gonna be a concern? bike runs fine just want to know if this is normal its not a continues sound i can hear it probably on the interval of 3-4 seconds. I notice this sound after replacing plugs, changing oil.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
pull the cover is.. Is it coming from the crank case tube or the intake????

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Well if it coming from the airbox, it will be coming from INside the box. If you are feeling a pulse of air from the puke tube, that air is most likely coming from the crank case vent tube or the intake. open the box and find out. Which ever it is will determine your issue. If its a vibration it could just be a loose fitting filter.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Could also be a wire or hose vibrating against it. Or loose mounting screw.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will check that out thanks :)

Im fairly new at this so forgive my terminologies from what i observe it feels like its a sudden burst of air that was doing this on the airbox like popping it and causing this sound
since the puke tube was underneath it i can feel the air pressure coming out of the puke tube too when i hear that sound.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts