Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here! I have a 740 ACE, 2002 (I think). First bike, just started riding with my husband. The silver battery covers on both sides stick out past the seat. When your legs are down or you have to walk the bike back they KILL the back of your legs. I have bruises on my thighs the next day. Has anyone ever replaced their battery covers for some skinnier ones? They even both my husband when he first rode my bike. Thought I'd see if its just me or if anyone else has the same experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
546 Posts
Here is a clever way around that issue. Just might work for you.....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket seat? The PO of my 1100 Spirit had an aftermarket seat that was narrower than the original. I put the stock seat back on for the same reason.

·
Super Moderator
6,514 Posts
How's it going JD?
Are the side covers you mentioned steel or plastic. The factory covers are plastic but were never offered in chrome. Early after the 750ACE was introduced in 1998, some companies started offering aftermarket steel side covers but they were larger than the stock ones with sharp edges. Later on, they began offering plastic, chrome covers which are exactly like the stock ones in terms of size and fitment. The plastic ones won't dig into your legs like the steel ones.

Here's a link on Amazon, maybe you can find them cheaper?

Good luck,
Phil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts