Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have smoked lenzes on my T with Amber LEDs. I get complaints in the daytime that they are not bright enought. I do have to agree but they look so good. I just use hand signals.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Thanks for the info guys.

So I found these....

Kuryakyn Deep Dish Bezels with Lenses (pr) - Various Honda and Kawasaki Models RTI01

They look like they might do the trick.
As you said, smoke lenses with amber bulbs.
unless youre goin for a certain look,such as these ^^^,,check out www.motolume.com they have clear/smoke lenses for hondas for 20$. still need the colored bulb,and if youre puttin these on the rear,my opinion would be to buy the red bulbs for the rear,and amber for front..but either way youll be ok.
http://stores.motolume.com/-strse-246/Honda-Shadow-Spirit-1100/Detail.bok?category=Honda+Turn+Signals%3ACruisers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya know I was looking for something like these but I couldn't find out for certain if they would fit my 2010 Phantom.
I wasn't completely sold on the chrome bezels with the others.
Exactly. Red in rear Amber in front.
Do these guys sell the bulbs as well?
I can't seem to locate them if they do.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Ya know I was looking for something like these but I couldn't find out for certain if they would fit my 2010 Phantom.
I wasn't completely sold on the chrome bezels with the others.
Exactly. Red in rear Amber in front.
Do these guys sell the bulbs as well?
I can't seem to locate them if they do.
you can or should be able to find the colored bulbs in a local autoparts store. i believe the rear are single element 1156 bulbs and the front are dual element 1157's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah another option I suppose.
I can't even see your front turns.
Where they hiding? ;-)

Nice mods btw...
I'm not quite looking to go Dr. Frankenstein on mine yet.
I'm still in the signals/mirrors phase.
In time I'm sure though. lol

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
How can you say it doesn't change the look? Did you check out the pic of byggd's bike lol? Completely changed the look of his bike into a cool ride...IMO.

Ray.
I do like the look. Keep in mind once the key is turned on the tail lamp and front running lights take on the color of the bulb. As do the rear turn lights when signaling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Indeed safety is a big concern for me which is why I mentioned it in my O.P.
I've since learned that with the proper colored bulbs, safety wont be compromised for style.

I personally think the smoked signal lenses will accent quite nicely the blacked out look of the Phantom.
I don't think I'll mess with the tail lamp though even if it looks cool. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dont get me wrong I didnt mean they was ugly or anything like that I was thinking about how dark they are (didnt realize the bulb was diff) and the fact that they was still a stock looking turn sig just dark and is that worth the cash...I dont know just ramblin had a few beers to celebrate getting the 1100 to crank over finally today..Oh and I think his bike looks good either way lol puts mine to shame and his runs too.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
if you cant find the smoked ones
smoke the ones you have yourself with spray tint - its an easy fix.. light coats will ensure an even clean coat !!!

my front signals are under the light ! its a led strip thats WAAAAAy brighter then those silly ones they put on there

any help needed lemme know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks man. You're like the Phantom mod Overlord. ;-P
I should be able to locate the lenses as I don't think the signals have changed much in recent years with the Spirit.

If they are only $20 bones that's not bad. Probably put at least that in equivalent costs, labor, & time spraying and sanding them myself. ;) Video of that guys work looked pretty smooth though.

Thanx for sharing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.