Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering I haven't owned a bike with wires since 1982 :lol:
Checked my front tire tonight and it's lost about 10lbs in 2 months...that sound about right?
I've had bikes with mags that lost air quicker. Was just curious.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wierd.
I check my tire pressure every weekend, when I remember.
Sometimes I add a few pounds, sometimes rarely I release .
So that explanation sounded even wierder.
There is too many diffs in this equation.
Mostly what is the outside air temp?
My checking is really looking for a tire that is almost flat, but does not show it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I check mine weekly and in the three months that I've had the bike it has never dropped more then a pound in a week.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Running the max psi on mine, rides a bit rougher, but better handling and gas milage. Look on the tire for the pressure, it may have changed since the owners manual was printed or your not running stock oem tires.

The spoke wheels don't have anything to do with psi of the tires, they have inner tubes. If you are always putting in air then you have a slow leak, usually from the valve stem, but not always. You could have a pinhole in the tube from rust/dirt/grit build up inside the wheel.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,196 Posts
Mine isn't new but I get more pressure loss from temperature changes than I do from leakage. Same with my wife's Boulevard S50. But we run ours with tubes. :D

10 lbs in 2 months would have me checking for a nail -- at least this time of year. (It's not so much of a worry from the end of September to the end of December -- when daytime high temps might drop 60-90 degrees around here and I might get a 6-9 lbs pressure drop in my rear tire if I haven't been checking.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts