Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, I didn't attempt to spit but this is an issue I have begun having for about two years now and oh wth, if you can't laugh at yourself, then why live right?

Does anyone else have nose issues while riding? For me, it's as tho maybe my outer nostril is flapping or something and bumping on the inside of my nose and then it is burning and a sneeze fit comes on and then it is running like mad. I have had to resort to putting a tiny ball of tissue up there to stop it and to keep the air from then shotting straight into my brain it seems like so as to not get this horrible headache. It's the left side more than right but can and does happen on both just not at once so I guess it is wind direction.
I just went on a long run thru the country side and it began and I figured wth, might as well see if just maybe anyone else has this issue and because it is only when riding and this is a rider's forum...LOL! :shock::p:!::mad::?:?:oops::cry::|:(:-:)sad::roll::lol:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Can you post a video of your nostril flapping? One picture's worth a thousand words.

All seriousness aside, I have a similar challenge however I believe mine stems from some meds I take to lower blood pressure. It does cause my nose to run, and on the bike it's worse. Since I cut down to half, the problem is much better.

Of course, now my blood pressure is sky high! (Just kidding -- thank God.) ;-)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uh no and after catching sight of myself in the mirror once going balls to the wall down the highway and seeing my cheeks flapping and rolling back toward me neck----well, you get the point. I don't KNOW that it is flapping but it must be doing something to cause this to come on every single time. LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I had the very same issue. Diagnosed as L.O.W.S. Traveled all over the place to find a cure. I was finally cured.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ahahaaa, I already forgot about that. I've been a bit runny lately cause everything is blooming and there's all kinds of pollen in the air. I just sniffle a lot and hope it gets better

Get yourself some swimming goggles that cover your nose. ;)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ahahaaa, I already forgot about that. I've been a bit runny lately cause everything is blooming and there's all kinds of pollen in the air. I just sniffle a lot and hope it gets better

Get yourself some swimming goggles that cover your nose. ;)
A great big bushy beard helps too! Err, wait..that won't work for her. I will say the swimming goggle thought did enter my head too lol.

Shadowmaker, perhaps use a riding mask or bandana to cover up your face so the wind doesn't irritate your nose. Optionally, going FF could help.

This one is especially cool imo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts