Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as New England consists of quite a few states, and me being originally from RI assuming if it is more than an hour awya, better pack a lunch ... who all is from what area.

I currently live in Brookfield CT and work in Danbury. Righton the NY border. What area are you from?

·
Registered
445 Posts
originaly from France, but I moved to the US in 1994, lived in Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Florida and now Nevada...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm in Yarmouth, MA, which is in the middle of the "arm" of Cape Cod. I also work in Yarmouth.

New England is made up of the 6 states of Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

·
Registered
310 Posts
North Attleboro, MA - 20 minutes to Providence, 40 minutes to Boston.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have lived in central ME, the seacoast of NH, and now in western MA (Montague) about 30 mins north of Springfield

·
Registered
204 Posts
Brunswick, Maine... 20-30 minutes north of Portland.

·
Registered
105 Posts
From Bethel. I work for the city of Danbury.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey to everyone. I live near the junction of Rts 2 and 202 in the hills near Orange Ma. I work in the five-college area and ride all over greater western and parts of central mass more recently.

I will be finding myself in Leominster more often now, since I found its the midpoint between myself and a riding buddy of mine from NH. Found a decent Chinese Buffet about a mile off Exit 31A (past the McDonalds).

Great time to find out a bunch of you guys are in Western Mass... how many of you went to the Stearn's Square Summer Concerts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Belchertown, MA and ride Western MA, Southern VT and NH, and Northern CT . My longest New England trip has been home to Portland, ME via Rt 202; very pretty countryside! Beats the hell outta just trying not to get killed on 495.

Any of you have lunch at Curtis' in Putney? Pretty good BBQ and the ride up Rt 5 is nice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rev,

I was riding out to Northampton last Friday and had lunch at the 202 resturant. Decent food and we could park our bikes on the cement slab out back. I always like to be able to keep an eye on my bike while I eat.

Rob

·
Registered
197 Posts
Rob Walker said:
Rev,

I was riding out to Northampton last Friday and had lunch at the 202 resturant. Decent food and we could park our bikes on the cement slab out back. I always like to be able to keep an eye on my bike while I eat.

Rob
The 202... is Herrick's Tavern. You are talking about the one that has the ice cream stand out front and around the side you have the diner/bar area?

Kevin in the tall, skinny young looking guy that manages the place. GREAT guy and all home cooked food. Great for the money. And to get to northampton from there you went right past my street. On your way down 202, remember passing a little general store? I live in that area.

Watch out for moose deer and turkey along that road. There are also bike-lethal porcupines out here too. Ive seen more than one car with a flat after going over one. And they breed em huge out around the Quabbin. Turkey are moving around a lot now. There were about 20 of them in the middle of the road about 6 miles from Herricks. At the turn off to Shutesbury center (Prescott Road) on 202 is where Ive had 3 moose sightings.

If you come back out to Noho, let me know... If work allows, I will try to meet up.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I used to live in Taunton (8 years) and Raynham (2 years) before moving to NJ.

I did my Iron Butt ride on the New England 1000 run...all 6 New England States (MA, NH, ME, VT, CT, RI) back in 2004.

NJ isn't too far away for an occasional visit someday :wink:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I live in Ware, MA but grew up in Southbridge. I ride just about everywhere including central/western Mass and northern CT.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ICON said:
I live in Ware, MA but grew up in Southbridge. I ride just about everywhere including central/western Mass and northern CT.
You live ware, wahaha.
Ok my best friend's brother lives in Ware, and I have never partied with the 2 of them without, at some point, it turning into a stooges routine . and hows this for coincidence his sister lives in Southbridge, as he did when he was younger.
Some nice riding to be had in your neck of the woods

do you know how hard it is for me not to run through all the possible jokes I could make about Ware, I've had 20yrs of practice and had help
:lol:
Still ride in the Southbridge area sometimes, not too much anymore since my friend moved to Franklin MA.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts