Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bitter sweet time for me. After 3 awesome years on my VT1100c3 I sold my baby. It was hard to see her go and I almost balked on it. I have been wanting a Valkyrie for a good while and finally found one I just couldn't pass up. Almost decided to keep them both but decided to let someone else enjoy her.

Here is a picture of my new beast

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Congrats. THAT is one beautiful bike. WOW!

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
best of luck with the new ride. :)

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Bitter sweet time for me. After 3 awesome years on my VT1100c3 I sold my baby. It was hard to see her go and I almost balked on it. I have been wanting a Valkyrie for a good while and finally found one I just couldn't pass up. Almost decided to keep them both but decided to let someone else enjoy her.

Here is a picture of my new beast

Wow, now that's a Bike!!! That is Sharp! Perfect color. Looks very top end.

I would appreciate your thoughtful description of how the bike truly feels to ride off highway
and also separately, how it feels to ride in comparison to your shadow.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Wow! That is one pretty bike! Congrats! I think you'll get over the old girl quick.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I would appreciate your thoughtful description of how the bike truly feels to ride off highway
The ride is much smoother being that it's not a single pin crank V twin. Quieter also. To be such a big bike it handles surprisingly well. Must be the low center of gravity with that big ole flat 6 motor. It has almost twice the HP. Only drawback in comparison to the Aero IMO is the fuel mileage. If I cruised I could get 45 MPG and even 50 in perfect conditions. The Valk gets maybe 35 if I'm lucky. It's to be expected and if I could lay off the throttle it may be close to 40.... Hard to do with that 100 HP begging to be used :)

·
Banned
5,100 Posts

Shadow looks like a mini bike next to the Valk .... lol

Damn that's a Great looking Valk.

·
Registered
108 Posts
had you considered a goldwing?

I've found there's plenty of GL1500's for sale out there. Better wind management for an even quieter ride.
Valks are a little harder to come by. I test drove one (GW)before trading my Shadow in on a Victory Vision and found the feet room cramped my style so lost interest in GW's. I guess I got used to the Shadow's fwd pegs.
Yes, there's loads of power on tap for sure.
Use it wisely.
Not too many aftermarket power goodies for those motors besides torq master exhaust but they last like a diesel semi truck. Should expect 200k miles with proper maintenance.
Good luck and enjoy.;)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That's a sweet looking ride, has almost all the aftermarket chrome goodies on it. Just keep an eye on the saddlebag railings, I've read quite a few posts on VRCC where they mention cracks on the saddlebag lids.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,086 Posts
Welcome to the club. Great looking bike you have there.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's an upgrade! Good for you :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Every bike I've ever had and gotten rid of always brings the memories to mind and the emotions and I get a tiny little twinge and say to myself "Well I could just keep them both." but no, common sense and grown-up judgement kicks in and I have to let 'er go.
That said, do I miss them and wish I had 'em back? Of course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.