Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah, I got the itch for a big-inch cruiser... Got a pretty good deal on a brand new Yamaha Roadliner Midnight. It's a 1900 and has tons of torque. Got a payment now, but I absolutely love the new bike (even though the forum for it sucks). I miss my Shadow, but having lots of fun on the new bike. Already put a set of exhaust pipes on it, waxed it twice in the first week, put 300 miles on it, and ordered a bunch of stuff to install next week (windshield, crash bars, etc). The guy who bought my Shadow was very excited, and I think he will take good care of it....
Went from this:

To this:

Tomorrow, a trip to Cycle Gear to get some S100 corrosion protectant spray plus check if they stock the "original bike spirits" spray detailer: http://www.originalbikespirits.com/products.aspx?pid=667 If you haven't tried this, it works great! My other favorite is Maxima SC1: http://www.maximausa.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=36 Just a thought...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
ryan:
Congrats on the ride. You had a nice one, but the Roadliner is one beautiful motor bike. Please keep us apprised on how it behaves as you add miles.

We have not tried the finishing products, as we rely primarily on lemon pledge.

We trudge on.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
And I thought the Triumph Rocket looked massive... :mrgreen:

Congrats! It's a gorgeous bike.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Ah, you're just going to hate that star. I've had mine for 5 years and I just hate it too. :mrgreen: Seriously, a great bike if you don't mind buying rubber.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny thing is I still use Pledge on the whole bike every once in a while. I like the way it shines all the rubber parts (and smells good).
I told the new owner about the forum, I hope he is going to check it out. I haven't found a particularly good forum for the new bike yet...
Not looking forward to valve adjustments and replacement tires, but the bike is so much fun!! Tons of power and since I'm 6 feet tall and about 260 lbs, it just fits better overall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts