Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to get my bike painted and just recently got my parts back. After putting everything back together now the bike will not start.

The bike started fine before and I did not mess with any electrical other than disconnecting rear turns and brake lights.

I have a Shadow Aero 750.

When I attempt to start the bike I get a clicking sound coming from underneath/next to the battery. After searching the forums here I have found a few things to try tomorrow and it appears the clicking is coming from the Solenoid. After disconnecting the battery, checking fuses (NOT blown) sometimes the clicking goes away but the bike will not start. Disconnect some more, replace, back to clicking.

Any direct suggestions to try when I get home from work?

·
Registered
748 Posts
My first impression is that your battery needs a charge. If it's been sitting while you were getting your tins done, it could happen. A clicking from your solenoid is almost always caused by a low/bad battery. Clean all the battery and starter connections too. Start with the simple and cheap fixes and go from there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I got up this morning I attempted to start and the bike was acting like it wanted to start, gave just a start of throttle to give it gas and then went straight to the clicking.

Set up a battery charger to charge the battery while I am at work and see how it reacts with a full charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.