Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm doing primarily solo riding and forward controls essentially don't exist for an '85 VT500, does anyone know of a good solo seat I could install? I'm looking to ditch the sissy bar and install a vertical metal grate to used as a luggage rack by bungee-ing cargo to it. But without forward controls, I'm just looking for a comfy seat (that would still be comfy after a 5 hour ride) that could fit onto the stock frame. Mustang, maybe?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Search for Mad_Bohemian. He did a solo seat for his VT500. As far as I know there is no off the shelf solo seat for your bike. You will need to fab something up.

I wanted a solo seat but decided against it. The one piece seat is problematic. The sissy bar attaches to the fender, frame rails, turn signals and rear lights. All these would have to be reworked for the solo seat. If you find a solution please post it.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Since I'm doing primarily solo riding and forward controls essentially don't exist for an '85 VT500, does anyone know of a good solo seat I could install? I'm looking to ditch the sissy bar and install a vertical metal grate to used as a luggage rack by bungee-ing cargo to it. But without forward controls, I'm just looking for a comfy seat (that would still be comfy after a 5 hour ride) that could fit onto the stock frame. Mustang, maybe?

Might want to rethink this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.