Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the blocks (orange and blue) at the bike end of the light signal wire come apart? They look solid but "jiggle" a bit and seem to have a seam. Just to be clear, from rear turn signals follow wire till you hit the connector and that's the ones- they plug into the connector on the bike side. I want to add led rears (yes I'm still working on it) and want to add the resistors to that block vice splicing and soldering into it.
Thanks

Dingo.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Why do you want to add resistors? If its for simulating a load for LED bulbs, just replace the your flasher. Its much safer doing it that way. If you think need to add them to reduce the voltage, thats still not the proper way to do it.

Other options are adding a signal module like what Kuryakyn makes and others.

But yes, if they are the same as the ones on my Fury, they come apart, thats their purpose. You can see them here

· Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Barely, at the top but no detail. I have already switched the flasher unit. I'm adding them so I dont get 4 way flash (and they came in a kit with the new rears). How do they seperate? I don't want to disconnect them, I want to replace the wires going into that half of the connector by taking the old ones out and putting new ones in without cutting splicing and soldering.

Dingo.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
What are you working with, why would you get 4 way flashing and resistors are for dropping/reducing current, not limiting it crossing over into another circuit.

Pics of what you have in the kit. Then ill show you how to pull the pins. But, youll still have to solder if you replace the wires...

· Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am running LED mirror/turn signals in front, rear LED turns, rear LED brake, all factory bulbs have been removed. Many report four way flash with no diodes or resistors in the circuit. I used the same set before with no problems (until the wire birdnested on my move). This time I am relaying new wire from the connector back. I thought I might be able to remove the factory wires from the connector and put new wire in. Then I retain the ability to disconnect when removing fender.

Dingo.

· Registered
2,685 Posts

· Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're not replacement bulbs, they're all new lights. All the stock lollypops are gone. LED mirrors as turns, mini LED lights as rears. I did away with running lights up front too as the headlight always runs. I replaced the flasher with a show chrome unit which did fix hyper flash. They don't fix four way flash however.

Dingo.

· Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, tested lights without the resistors and got four way flash (well three way, more on that). Put the resistors that came with the lights on and flash was good-that new flasher unit is doing it's job. My left front flasher is not working now, don't know if something else in the system is causing it or if the mirror flasher has gone kaput or come undone (I believe I soldered it when I installed it and it worked in the fall). One more thing to check.
Then, I will install the LED underlighting. I cut my fender and moved my licence plate up as well. I love it when a plan comes together.

Dingo.

· Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well all my wiring is done, new rear signals in stock location, look like mini stock lights. New wire with resistors in line, put new flasher on in the fall to tame hyper flash. Fixed front turn, they have really really thin wires, with all the stuff on the headlight bucket the wire got stressed. Resoldered wire and moved headlight modulator puck and hopefully all is good. All four lights flashing when they should. A few more fixes and I may contemplate adding my LED underlight.
Now on to the boat, once it's done I can move it out and move in my new ATV and add a winch, then the new snowmobile to do some suspension and ski work, then a couple more weeks to snowmobile and then it will be boat and bike time:D:D:D:D:cool::)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.