Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sweet bike, but yeah, I don't think it will sell for anywhere near that much even to a collector. I seen ones just as nice for less than 5k. Of course they were restored, not original like this one.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Somehow I don't think he wants to sell his bike.

1971 / 1972 Honda CB750

Cat
"But, Honey, I have the bike for sale on Craigslist. Looks like no one wants to buy it, so I'll just have to keep it a little while longer..." ;-)

Too much money, but what a sweet bike!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't even know if its that sweet. If you are spending that much for it, you obviously want it to be in pristine condition, so you probably aren't going to ride it. Why not buy a nicer bike to park in the garage and not drive? Or Magnum PI's Ferrari? If you DO decide to ride it, its going to be slow, and quiet... Two things I'm not into.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I don't even know if its that sweet. If you are spending that much for it, you obviously want it to be in pristine condition, so you probably aren't going to ride it. Why not buy a nicer bike to park in the garage and not drive? Or Magnum PI's Ferrari? If you DO decide to ride it, its going to be slow, and quiet... Two things I'm not into.
You can get into a Ferrari for $20k. That'd be my choice for driveway jewelry.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Not so sure it's "slow". 67 HP with a top speed of 125 mph seems like it would keep up well with more recent 1100's.

I remember the Honda 750's from the mid-70's having a lot more power and speed than they do today.

1969 - 1978 Honda CB750 - Top Speed

As far as quiet, I agree with the Screamin' Eagle philosophy...noise and power are two different things.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
that is one clean cb.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
There's a very similar 71 CB750, unrestored, on eBay. Bids are up to $5,500.00 now, with over 6 days left to go.

I really wonder what it will sell for:
Honda : CB | eBay

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've heard that the "sand cast" 750s are the real collectibles, but they stopped making the sand cast engines in 1969. This one is a little newer, so not a sand cast, but what a beauty. A shame to own such a nice 750 and only put 8k miles on it in all those years.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Lol, the 4 cylinder in-line CB750 slow? Come on now, read up on it some before you bash it. Plus that was before they were as tight on emissions from exhaust as they are now, that thing's got a good chunk of power for it's CC size. Best of it's time some say.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I've heard that the "sand cast" 750s are the real collectibles, but they stopped making the sand cast engines in 1969. This one is a little newer, so not a sand cast, but what a beauty. A shame to own such a nice 750 and only put 8k miles on it in all those years.
I agree. A sandcast K0 would be the only CB750 worth anywhere near that price. This is a $5k bike, max.

·
Registered
334 Posts
maybe he's been watching the barret-jackson car auctions too long seeing things like 71 charger se's going for $125,000 and thinks there are real people out there blowing cash like this every day.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
NIce bike and was very fast in 1971.. Little pricey, but there are people who willl pay it. Friend of mine parted out a 81 KZ1000 a few years ago. Got over $15000 in total, most of the parts went to Japan.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.