Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With all the snow we've had lately, it's nicer riding when the temperature is below freezing. No water running all over the road. Just gotta keep an eye out for those icy spots.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
477 Posts
rode in this morming, 11 miles each way, and it was 24 here in the deep south. I think I have found and covered every area that can freeze. :roll:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trjam said:
rode in this morming, 11 miles each way, and it was 24 here in the deep south. I think I have found and covered every area that can freeze. :roll:
Good for you! Isn't it refreshing? We were just a tad colder than you. I work from home so I take my rides at lunch. Only got in about 45 miles because I have to do this to get out to the clear roads.

·
Registered
477 Posts
People said I was crazy. I really didnt care. This ride is better then 30 minutes at the gym any day. Because I was sure as heck alert on getting their. It is all in what you wear, but you folks know this already. But here is an interesting story if you folks have the time.

I ran out of gas on the way and switched to the reserve. Got to a gas station and stuck my key in the lock for the cap. It wouldnt go in because the frigging pins in the lock were froze. A cop in front of me at the pumps thought it was a hoot, but it didnt matter because he works for the same City Manager I do. I took the key and laid it on the exhaust pipe for about 30 seconds and then reinstalled it into the lock and heated the pins. Took 5 tries but I got that sucker unfrozed.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trjam said:
I ran out of gas on the way and switched to the reserve. Got to a gas station and stuck my key in the lock for the cap. It wouldnt go in because the frigging pins in the lock were froze. A cop in front of me at the pumps thought it was a hoot, but it didnt matter because he works for the same City Manager I do. I took the key and laid it on the exhaust pipe for about 30 seconds and then reinstalled it into the lock and heated the pins. Took 5 tries but I got that sucker unfrozed.
Good thinking! But see, that's what happens when you wash your bike. :wink:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I LOVE riding in cold weather. You can always bundle up to keep warm, but when it starts hitting close to 90 degs F, there's only so much clothing you can shed and still be somewhat protected. I refuse to ride anything but ATGATT.

Funny. I've parked my bike for almost the entire month of August before, yet am the sole rider out on a day like today (low 40s here in NE Ohio). I especially love passing the Toyota pickup trucks with the 'American' bike mfr decal in the back window on a day like today. 8)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
trjam said:
I ran out of gas on the way and switched to the reserve. Got to a gas station and stuck my key in the lock for the cap. It wouldnt go in because the frigging pins in the lock were froze. .
Wow! will have to remember that little trick. for later.
for right now i dont have to worry...... bike is in a shed in the back yard.
have not been able to get to it for 3 weeks now. due to the snow.
a big old snow drift in front of the shed. even if i did get it out there is
about 50 lin. ft of snow to get to the street. then there's the 8" of snow pack and ice still on the street.
boy do i miss riding my bike! :( winters here are usually not this bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts