Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I haven't been up that way yet on the bike but hope to get a little further from home next summer. Talking about doing a road trip up to Thunder Bay area with my dad (he rides a V-Star 1100).

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'm out in Ottawa. Let me know if you head out this way. Up to this point, I've never met or rode with anyone on the forum. A few times a year, I'll ride the 511 up to Calabogie or take some of side twisty roads down to Westport. Depending on who I'm riding with, it can be either a somewhat leisurely pace, or, quite spirited.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! A ride around Lake Ontario is hopefully happening next summer, would be cool to meet up with some other Shadow riders!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
South east.
Nice! Sweet bike! What highway bars do you have? And how do you find them comfort wise? I'm 6'1 and would like to be able to kind of stretch my legs out a little more. My dads 1100 V-Star has them and its great... my knees are still bent but its pretty comfy. I'm just wondering if that is doable on a 750 Shadow or not.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I'm out in Ottawa. Let me know if you head out this way. Up to this point, I've never met or rode with anyone on the forum. A few times a year, I'll ride the 511 up to Calabogie or take some of side twisty roads down to Westport. Depending on who I'm riding with, it can be either a somewhat leisurely pace, or, quite spirited.

We should get together. I ride with a few guys, we often hit Westport area, nice twisted up there.

Nice! Sweet bike! What highway bars do you have? And how do you find them comfort wise? I'm 6'1 and would like to be able to kind of stretch my legs out a little more. My dads 1100 V-Star has them and its great... my knees are still bent but its pretty comfy. I'm just wondering if that is doable on a 750 Shadow or not.

Thanks!
I'm not sure, they were on the bike when I bought it. I like the Hwy pegs when out in the open roads, stretches the legs out and changes the seating position. I'm 5'10" and find that's enough. If you don't have Hwy/crash bars, you may want to look into forward controls. I don't think you can do them with the bars.

Merry Christmas fellas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in Central North Ontario-- Bruce Peninsula. GREAT ride: ring around Georgian Bay
* Owen Sound on ON-01 to Wiartonthen up the Bruce Peninsula on Hwy 6
*ferry to Manitoulin Island
*ride north on Hwy 6 to Hwy 17; then East to Sudbury
*south on Hwy 69/400 to Hwy 12 Vasey Rd to Elmvale and on to Hwy 92 to Wasaga Beach
*Hwy 26 to Collingwood and on to Owen Sound

Beautiful Scenery; weavey roads; what more could you ask for?!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm in Central North Ontario-- Bruce Peninsula. GREAT ride: ring around Georgian Bay
* Owen Sound on ON-01 to Wiartonthen up the Bruce Peninsula on Hwy 6
*ferry to Manitoulin Island
*ride north on Hwy 6 to Hwy 17; then East to Sudbury
*south on Hwy 69/400 to Hwy 12 Vasey Rd to Elmvale and on to Hwy 92 to Wasaga Beach
*Hwy 26 to Collingwood and on to Owen Sound

Beautiful Scenery; weavey roads; what more could you ask for?!
I'd love to make that trip! Heading to Geraldton this summer on the bike. Not sure if I'm crazy for doing this on a 750 Spirit, but time will tell. Thinking of doing the Chi-Cheemaun to Manitoulin then up through Espanola to Sudbury on the way up then once I'm back in the south doing the east side of Georgian bay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
ShaggyOnBev
Honda Shadow Forums
Welcome to Honda Shadow Forum. Come in and discuss any Honda Shadow models: VT1100, VT250, VT750 and the VT500.
Full Forum Listing