Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've searched the forum, I have a 2002 750 Spirit, I have the right tools (OEM socket), and based on the service manual I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. Anyway, its been 8k miles, and I wanted to know A-how critical it was to change the plugs? and B- what type/brand of plugs you guys would recommend? Thanks! (also, a bike-sig picture is coming...eventually)

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Service manual should have the Part# for your 750. I am running NGK DPR8EA-9 right now on my 93 1100. Next set will be DPR7EA-9, stock plug. You should not need plugs at only 8K miles. Check them before you replace them. That sadi I replace mine every year wheter they need it or not, as part of my yearly MAJOR service. I know people with the factory plugs and 50000 miles on thier bikes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ill take a gander at it and see what it looks like then

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Originally Posted by N736RA

....Anyway, its been 8k miles, and I wanted to know A-how critical it was to change the plugs? and B- what type/brand of plugs you guys would recommend?
A- new plugs will improve performance immediately. Yes, if you know how to and have the proper tools to re-gap them at your disposal, you can reuse the old plugs for the next 50 years.

B- there are only two basic plugs types, asides from iridiums. It's probably better to do your own test trials on the two types, but be sure to follow the slightly different tightening instructions. Also, good move buying or using the OEM tool. You'll be using the spark plug tool for years, at four plugs each change. Some owners always apply anti-seize on the threads. I don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts