Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel silly asking a basic question but consider me a new student still with motorcycles. I would be a 2nd semester freshmen if you will. My first semester was with a Rebel 250 :) I am now a 2nd semester student riding a recently acquired 2007 Sabre 1100! :) :)

I have questions about spark plugs and air filter for my 2007 Sabre 1100

My local parts supply store does not have the DPR7EA-9 (NGK) but they do carry the cross referenced NGK stk5129 - is this OK? Should I avoid and find DPR7EA-9?
I just want standard for my location and riding style.

As for the air cleaner filter, I am unable to find the part# of this in the service manual - i looked over it several places. I thought it would be on page 3-7 but I dont see it.
So, what is the model or part # of this air cleaner so I can find the appropriate one to get.
I have stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
4,162 Posts
Part numbers you can lookup on-line at various places but I usually go to Partzilla
Honda Motorcycle 2007 OEM Parts Diagram for Air Cleaner | Partzilla.com

NGK plugs are usually easy to find on-line or at Honda dealership etc, however when I lookup 5129 on the NGK site it shows DPR7EA-9 so maybe just an alternate part/stock number. Perhaps a quick note to NGK would help or open up the spark plug box and the part number will be on the plug.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
The 5129 is an NGK stock number and the DPR7EA9 is the NGK part number.

If they carry the plugs, should you need them, they can also order the NGK resistor ends if they don't have them.

Edit: my favorite link to the the resistor caps is dead, chart is sure to be out there somewhere

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up ordering the exact DPR7EA-9 plugs thru the same parts supplier. Will use exact instead of corresponding.

·
Registered
'83 VT750C
1,667 Posts
Would have been the exact same plug. I’ve used all different sorts over the years, of various brands. NGK seem to be best, followed by Denso and AC Delco. I try to avoid Champion in bikes, they seem to foul more easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts