Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know that this is really a "technical" question, but wasn't sure where to put it, so by all means, correct me if this is the wrong place..

I see VT1100 and VT1100C in a few places in my manual and on the internet, but I just noticed last night that the factory sticker on my bike says "VT1100CG"

What is the significance, if any, of the G at the end there?

I did search for "VT1100CG" here, but got no hits.. also did a quick google for it, but nothing describing the difference in models..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So 25 of you have looked.. no one knows what I'm talking about? or just don't want to post cause i'm in the wrong section? not trying to sound like a dick, actually quite the opposite, if i'm in the wrong section I genuinely want to know so I don't do it again..

I'm home now so I took a picture of the tag in question..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
So 25 of you have looked.. no one knows what I'm talking about? or just don't want to post cause i'm in the wrong section? not trying to sound like a dick, actually quite the opposite, if i'm in the wrong section I genuinely want to know so I don't do it again..

I'm home now so I took a picture of the tag in question..
My understanding, I might be wrong, is that VT1100C, C2, c3 are terms that refer to the engine type. The letters Like G and S and such refer to the model of bike. Sometimes this equates to year changes sometimes not.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Just a guess, Cali model? Aint ever seen/heard of other than C, C2, C3 etc.

I can't remember the specifics, but C is "standard", "duck tail" rear fender, C2 is ??? A.C.E., Sabre?? C3 is Aero? Again, can't remember but there's

Mine, VT1100C...then..

VT1100 A.C.E.
VT1100T Ace Tourer
VT1100? Aero
VT1100? Sabre... C2?

Someone will know... patient, lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
I don't know that this is really a "technical" question, but wasn't sure where to put it, so by all means, correct me if this is the wrong place..

I see VT1100 and VT1100C in a few places in my manual and on the internet, but I just noticed last night that the factory sticker on my bike says "VT1100CG"

What is the significance, if any, of the G at the end there?

I did search for "VT1100CG" here, but got no hits.. also did a quick google for it, but nothing describing the difference in models..
It has something do do with the model year. (did a google search too)
VT1100C-F 1985

VT1100C-G 1986

VT1100C-H 1987

VT1100C-J 1988

VT1100C-K 1989

VT1100C-L 1990

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Just a guess, Cali model? Aint ever seen/heard of other than C, C2, C3 etc.

I can't remember the specifics, but C is "standard", "duck tail" rear fender, C2 is ??? A.C.E., Sabre?? C3 is Aero? Again, can't remember but there's

Mine, VT1100C...then..

VT1100 A.C.E.
VT1100T Ace Tourer
VT1100? Aero
VT1100? Sabre... C2?

Someone will know... patient, lol.
I thought a A C was the classic VT1100, C 2 was a single pin motor. and the C3 was the next generation. Is this wrong?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yes, G is for 1986.
G is also the 10th character in your 17 character V.I.N.
Honda started using a V.I.N. in 1981.
B=1981 C=1982 D=1983…. Y=2000 1=2001
I. O. Q. and U. are not used.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahhh cool, thanks for all the replies everyone! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.