Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Shadow Spirit 1100 and needing to find out if there are lights in the bottom side of the speedometer housing.
When riding after dark, I can see the upper half just fine, but the lower is really dim.
Thought I'd ask first before taking it apart.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Don't know for certain but I believe you have the same speedo as mine, I changed out the OEM bulb (only 1 in toward top of speedo) for a led and it made a huge difference. I can now read my speedo at night, before it was really really dim almost worthless!

this is before the led bulb, but after I took the speedo apart and cleaned it out and cleaned the oem bulb. Its actually a lot better than before I cleaned it but still to dim for my tastes

and this is not a good picture but its after changing out the oem for the led and now I can actually see the speedo at night.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I'm using Sylvania ledriving premium white led light, 168/194/2825 6000k.
I don't remember if it came from Wally World or Auto Zone. I do know that I paid $11.00 for the bulb only because I log all of my costs on a spreadsheet.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
YUP I went with the blue also, Only thing about going with blue is the trip meter is still kind of hard to read while riding to watch how many miles before I need gas but love the color so much, I got them from https://www.superbrightleds.com/ but I can't remember which bulb it was. It's late and need some sleep but I'll try and find which bulb it is tomorrow and post it for you, They have quit a few colors to choose from and it was only about $5 when I got it about 2 yrs ago I think. Well did a search and found the right one for you. Turns out it was $3.49, If your not sure which color you like just order 2 LOL That's what I did but put the blue one in and the white one I got is on a shelf some place in a box of spare parts.
This is the bulb you want.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ulb-3-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/228/1067/

Dauntae

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
HMM I wonder if the bulbs in our speedometers are different or perhaps they both fit in. I would give them a call and they may be able to help you out, When I called they recomended the one I got but don't remember them having the one xxxxxxxclm1954 ordered, His has more led's on it so may be brighter.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Not overly brighter but def more light, You can read your trip meter and well I can not easily in the dark, May just have to chance $12 and order one and see how it fits.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
I remember double checking the dimensions of the LED I ordered. I opened my spedo head and checked how much room I had for the LED to fit in. It was close but it fit.

Good luck Dauntae.

I thought I was the only one on here with the blood of Dracula.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Lol working a off shift does that to me lol I call most others the day walkers lol

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Me, too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.