Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Can you ride in the rain with those things? I'm not the "get under the bridge" type of rider except to put on the rain gear.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Can you ride in the rain with those things? I'm not the "get under the bridge" type of rider except to put on the rain gear.
They will take a little water but not alot.A friend of mine had one on his H-D & got caught in a rain storm.The next day I took the filter off to clean it up & the intake track was stained with dirty water proving that it was getting into the engine.He took it off & put the OEM back on.

;) :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks good!

Pretty sure they make "rain covers" for those too. Just a fabric pull-string type thing that you put over it in a rain storm. Easy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I've never been the biggest fan. My old Harley had one and it worked because the bike itself was so ridiculously flashy, but I wouldn't want one on an everyday bike.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hmm I never seen one of those? What are they called? Where can I get one?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Autozone sells them. My buddy has an open filter like that but his is pretty standard. Not shaped like a dagger. Either way he got a cover for his to block the rain. Not sure if they sell or even make covers to fit yours but it's worth a try.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
526 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts