Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 honda shadow spirit 750 dc. Yesterday I was pumping gas and put to much. It started to come out of the tank vent hose. I realized then that my hose was Missing. Fuel ran down my wires and when I tried to start it, it wouldn't turn over. Just clicking. I had to bump start it to get it home. Again this morning I had to bump start it because the battery was dead. It wants to turn over at first then it just clicks. What the hell did I do to my bike? I have it charging right now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Most likely coincidince, I'd suspect a bad battery, time to get the volt meter out.

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,642 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It sounds to me like your battery just went bad at the time of your fill up. If you are in California or have a California emissions bike this changes things however. The overflow runs into canisters and it will clog the flow and the bike will not run properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in texas. The over flow had a tube that just ran down to just under the frame. But some how it came off while riding lol

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
15,252 Posts
Look at the wires and any units that got wet. Maybe they are loose and gas caused a poor connection.

Reactions: CJustin
1 - 5 of 5 Posts