Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that the part from Rifle fits just fine on my 2004 Spirit 1100. They had it listed as an Option for 2-into-1 exhaust system for VT1100C. "Sidecover, VT1100C('87-'96), Chromed,Complete"

They let me try it out to see if it would fit. This is a part to make the RH side cover look correct with some aftermarket pipes. I have BUB Big Willy pipes made for the 1100 Sabre.

For reference, this is the link:
http://www.rifle.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&Product_ID=1901&CATID=11&Product=Sidecover,_VT1100C(%2787-%2796),_Chromed,Complete

Hopefully this information helps someone else out.

Thanks for your help Barry, it looks great!

Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder if this means the covers from a 04 will fit my 88? I am looking to get black covers to replace my chrome ones. Anyone wanna trade?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JerseyMark said:
I wonder if this means the covers from a 04 will fit my 88? I am looking to get black covers to replace my chrome ones. Anyone wanna trade?
The stock cover on an 04 Spirit is chrome. I dont know if they have always been chrome or not, or if there are other options out there. This was a single right hand side cover that I picked up from Rifle.

I wonder if you could have your chrome ones painted? The only catch I can see there is the right hand side cover might be close enough to the exhaust that it could damage the paint, depending on the pipes you have on the bike.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts