Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,706 Posts
Hi guys, Yogie, you did not say if it is a 750 spirit or an 1100. It would help to compare with HD cause you also have 2 sportsters, the 883 and the 1200.
So for me 883 HD should be compared with the 750 spirit. On that level, i go for Honda, it is smoother, more comfy and can go for longer rides than the HD. I felt like riding with a tree tronc under my bum with the HD. Evrery year i try new bikes at the dealers to see what is new and what would be an upgrade to my ride. Every year i try a few HD's. When my budget was for 750's size, the best bike for me was the Honda 750 ACE. When the budget was enough to upgrade to bigger bore, i went for the Kawasaki vulcan classic 1500 FI. I have my vulcan for 10 yrs now and the only bike i would trade it for would be the victory cross country. HD is not on the list, although they look the best, but what i get for my money, comfort, performance, reliability, does not worth it for me. I am better off with Honda, Kawasaki and Victory.
Actually there is one Sportster with two different engine sizes and the only difference is the bore of the cylinders and size of the pistons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.