Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr.

Sprained my ankle today at work. Luckily, I didn't ride my bike this morning as it's my shifter foot. going to be off the bike for a little bit. :(

I need to go get a cover and a battery tender I suppose.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ice it for the next 24-48 hrs or until it stops hurting. Ice, frozen veggies, steak, whatever, 20 mins on followed by 20 mins off. Icing slows down blood flow, which reduces your inflammation, which reduces your pain.

I'll bet you twisted your ankle so your toes were pointing inward to the centre of your body? I like wearing over the ankle boots.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
TorontoBoy said:
Ice it for the next 24-48 hrs or until it stops hurting. Ice, frozen veggies, steak, whatever, 20 mins on followed by 20 mins off. Icing slows down blood flow, which reduces your inflammation, which reduces your pain.

I'll bet you twisted your ankle so your toes were pointing inward to the centre of your body? I like wearing over the ankle boots.
Oh no - not the steak - that ain't right :shock:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My crane operator (the guy who sold me the bike) also pointed out the heel shifter and that i really didn't need the ankle to move much to shift.

I'm still going to give it a couple of days to chill (pun intended) until I try to ride again.

And just as the weather was getting out of the 30s :?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Sprained ankle my eye!

Look here, you can still ride just fine with a sprained ankle. If you had a full leg cast, I could *almost* understand a bit of rider hesitancy . . . Heck, I rode dirt bikes with an arm stuffed into a cast (my 13th birthday was a shattering experience.) Sucked trying to pull the clutch, but man, when you gotta ride, you just gotta ride!

:)

regards,

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
some people never use the search feature and then there are the hardcore users,lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
I always thought icing sped up blood flow, as it heads to that area to bring warmth. This, in turn, promotes healing.

Oh oh......I got sucked in on a 'bronze-aged' thread.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts