Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I use DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver. No problems.

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Maxima chain Wax is another great product. It dries as a wax thus no flinging off the chain. This product works great and lasts.

+1. That's what we use on the Bride's Ride, last a long time, no slingin at all:p
Coop

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I use Klotz KLR spray and have had good luck. Teflon is highly rated but requires more drying time.

Be cautious with degreasers lest you wash out captive, internal grease. Suggest you use the Klotz on this chain, then go to Teflon after you replace it next time.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I need some recommendations for spray on chain lube. I want something clean that doesn't fling (that was a Billy Mays ism, lol). Longevity would be great too!
Great question! I'm not sure of the brand of chain lube on my bike, but there is a lot of messy flinging going on.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you know when you need chain lube? Is it indicated by a visual, or by sound?
I am new to motorcycles and chains, but mine just has a dried out look to it. No weird noises, but it might start making them without proper lubrication.

I got a can of DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver, but I want to get a can of their degreaser to clean the chain before I relubricate it.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Maxima chain Wax is another great product. It dries as a wax thus no flinging off the chain. This product works great and lasts.
i use the maxima chain wax myself,dries clear and like you said doesnt fling off,provided you follow the instructions,warm chain by riding 5minutes or so,spray on wax/lube,let dry b4 riding again...use every 500miles or so,dependin on conditions,ie,riding in wet weather,dirt roads,sand,etc...good product...Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
You might want to consult your chain manufacturer's website to see what they recommend. Of course nothing they tell you will be authoritative as what you read on the interwebs, where absolute accuracy is mandatory.:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
6,531 Posts
I use BelRay SuperClean Chain Lube......been using it for years!
There's a reason they call it Superclean.

If you want your chain to stay lubricated, even through long days of riding in the rain. And if you hate cleaning dirty, grimy chain lube off your sprockets and rear wheel, then BelRay is right for you too.

Phil

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.