Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to have some play between the final sprocket & the hub? Not lateral play, just in the drive direction...

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Yes, it will move some. There is a rubber vibration dampener in between the wheel and hub.

·
Registered
17,988 Posts
IF this play is excessive, you might wanna check condition of those dampeners...
I have replaced mine, but I have 123,000 miles on it too...
I always check wear on these critters whenever I change tires ( about each 15,000 miles )

Welcome

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yea, the rubber pieces help with driveline shock, something I wish I had with the shaft drive, its all direct from the crankshaft to the pavement. Can be brutal sometimes.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Yea, the rubber pieces help with driveline shock, something I wish I had with the shaft drive, its all direct from the crankshaft to the pavement. Can be brutal sometimes.
you sure about that? i believe my final drive has the rubber dampeners (sp) on on the inside of the wheel hub.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I saw the dampeners in the service manual, so I was just wondering. I oiled the chain last weekend, that was all I could accomplish. I couldn't clean anything since the temperature was in the teens...the minute I wiped down the tank with a damp cloth, ice formed instantly! Come on spring!

·
Registered
17,988 Posts
:D My Free Riding Service offer stands! :D

Anyone in need of my riding service may pay the fare to pick up your Bike, then when I return it, when winter is done pay the fare for my return trip home...

:D

I can`t fathom putting my Bike to sleep!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts