Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2005 spirit vt750 a mOnth or so ago. Just the other day it started sputtering at low speeds. Worst in first gear and it gets better as I go. It started happening right after I took out the air filter to look at it since I bought it used. When putting the airfilter back on does it matter which way it goes on? AlsO is there a oil or something else I am suppose to use as a sealant bc it seems loose Or does the cover push push it well enough to seal? This is the only thing I can think Of why it would sputter bc it was virtually right after I looked at it. Help please!

Also the filter is stock

·
Registered
776 Posts
Hmmm...you might take the cover off of and try re-seating that filter. I just replaced my filter with a Honda replacement and, like you, I noticed that it does not 'stick' in place for some reason...as if it is missing a gasket or an O-ring or something. My bike is an 07 VT750 so it is probably pretty similar to yours. I hope that the fix is just that easy! Let me know.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The airbox cover keeps it in place.

Could be that one side of your filter is much dirtier than the other side. Maybe you rotated it from its original position and that has thrown off your a/f mixture

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya it could very well be that i rotated it because I wasnt for sure which way it was suppose to go on, or if it even mattered. So if the box holds it in place is there an oil or anything I am suppose to use to make it stick? Also i looked at it today and found an a decent size indention mark where it was pressed. I took a picture how do i post it on here if it isnt on a website? Thanks for the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.