Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm out in the cage today w/ my wife running errands. We're at a light, I hear this sound approaching my drivers door. I look over, here comes a young guy on a crotch rocket splitting the lanes to move to the front of the traffic. Then I get a load of his license plate.

Edit, for the record it's illegal in Md to do this. On top of it was normal Sunday traffic. No back up what so ever on a road where the speed limit is 40 mph.

Then as he takes off, I watch him drive like a complete jackass weaving in and out of traffic and doing the same thing at up coming lights as well. Wonder how long he'll last in this world?

·
Registered
403 Posts
HA, I hope he gets hit by a freakin semi.

Not because i have anything against crotch rockets, just because the people who drive them are goddamn morons and deserve to be run over.

for the most part at least. I know an older guy or two that ride sensibly on rockets.....not many though.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I find noting wrong with splitting traffic at a light. What is wrong with it?

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
When I seen that thumbs down sign and the word squids I thought " now what the he11 did the Navy screw up this time ".......

:)

In regards to riders like that...........nature has a way of taking care of itself.

Chris

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
It's not the fact that it is a crotch rocket, it's the jackass holding the bars! I have seen them ride cruisers too, maybe he will get a good ole ticket for plowing into a turning car or something, not bad injuries, just a huge embarassment to him. After all he is giving all of us a bad name:-(
Coop

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
When I seen that thumbs down sign and the word squids I thought " now what the he11 did the Navy screw up this time ".......
Chris
I thought this might be a sailor bashing thread also....I showed up with my dukes up....glad I didn't have to use them!

I have no problem with lane splitting or jockeying thru traffic, as long as it's done without causing anyone to have to slam their brakes or putting anyone at risk.

People have a tendency of getting mad and not liking others to get in front of them....as long as the person isn't holding me up, I don't care.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
I thought this might be a sailor bashing thread also....I showed up with my dukes up....glad I didn't have to use them!
It is a squid / jarhead thing. One never passes the opportunity to pi$$ on the other............:)

Chris

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I don't wish these jerks death, but sometimes I do wish them a costly and scary wreck and a couple broken bones 'cuz what I see out on I-5 around Seattle, on I-90 here and even around town here, they're putting a lot of people in jeopardy. I know a few sport bike riders who hate what others of their ilk do and they ride without endangering others... wish I knew more, and saw fewer jerks.

But... lane splitting, if done defensively, isn't a crime. Neither is this "wannabe's" license plate, although it's plain stupid. Darwin's law does tend to even the odds, though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It's not the fact that it is a crotch rocket, it's the jackass holding the bars! I have seen them ride cruisers too, maybe he will get a good ole ticket for plowing into a turning car or something, not bad injuries, just a huge embarassment to him. After all he is giving all of us a bad name:-(
Coop
I agree. However just about EVERYONE on a crotch rocket is an idiot. Whereas from what i see 90% of guys on any other kind of bike ride sensibly. There are exceptions to every rule but crotch rockets seem to take the cake with the Moron/sensible ratio.

Lane splitting is dangerous AND illegal here in PA.....Not to mention i also agree with the statement that a rider is no better/worse than anyone else in any other vehicle on the road. Wait your own freakin turn jackass.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The other engineer I work with used to ride a 1000 with his cousin in college. When I got my bike, he was like... "So you got comfortable with it yet? You splittin cars on the highway and sh*t!?!?"

I laughed. LOL. Like I'd have the power with my 750 to even attempt that.
Even if I had the chance to do that at a red light.. F that.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
idiots and motorcycles don't mix very well. when they mix too long ya get a big dose of death.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Seems to be a lot of anger here. I don't wish the guy any harm. I wish him to mature and learn the error of his ways.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I guess it's an attitude thing, if you ride one you gotta walk the walk and all that. Most run-ins I've had with that group have mostly been about immaturity. The rest have been about in your face rudeness and stupidity. :D

I split lanes for a lot of years. No need to, where I live now. When I bought my Magna in 1986 it was expressly to get me across 30 miles of L.A. Basin during rush hour twice a day in less than 2-3 hours a pop. It worked. Also better than a whole pot of coffee by the time you got there. Got "pinched off" a couple of times intentionally by guys who didn't like sitting while I was moving. No wreck, just some fun with mirrors. More fun for me than for them. If you want a thrill, try keeping up with a CHP bike when he's doing it. Those guys are GOOD.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
It's illegal here in Md. IMO he is no better then anyone else waiting at the light. What's so special about him that he can't wait his turn?
I agree. It's a d!ck move...but hey, if the shoe fits. Thing is, the guy probably drives his car with the same attitude.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I agree. It's a d!ck move....
Why?
I split about 3 miles of bumper to bumper traffic barely moving through construction yesterday (3 lanes down to 1). I guarantee you not one of those cars sat in traffic any longer just because I moved to the front.

Seems like it is a d!ck move to hang someone else up just cause you are stuck in traffic. It isn't my fault you chose to sit in a cage.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Gotta agree with LadyBurg. Lane splitting can be done courteously and when it's legal it's legal. If I move to the front of a line of 30 cars all stopped at a light that may be allowing ten cars through at a cycle, and the light turns green, I'll guarantee I won't be holding anyone up for one second.

I think the resentment goes back to those studies about humans becoming more territorial when they're driving. But like the saying goes, ride like everyone was out to get ya. Some of them are.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm surprised he was allowed to get that on his plate. I know here in NY, when you request a custom plate, I believe the text on the plate gets reviewed any obvious inappropriateness. I'm sure H8COPS would get canned.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm surprised he was allowed to get that on his plate. I know here in NY, when you request a custom plate, I believe the text on the plate gets reviewed any obvious inappropriateness. I'm sure H8COPS would get canned.
What about to the first amendment? If certain people can protest and slam the funerals of soldiers then one should be allowed to have what ever they want on their plate.

As for the original context of the post; to each their own.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Why?
I split about 3 miles of bumper to bumper traffic barely moving through construction yesterday (3 lanes down to 1). I guarantee you not one of those cars sat in traffic any longer just because I moved to the front.

Seems like it is a d!ck move to hang someone else up just cause you are stuck in traffic. It isn't my fault you chose to sit in a cage.
In your case, splitting is legal. the OP clearly states it's illegal in Maryland. That's why he feels it's a d!ck move. Let all just hope he does kill some innocent person while he's doing his thing.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts