Honda Shadow Forums banner

St Louis City/County

17K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Tubbysworld 
#1 ·
Any riders from St Louis on the these boards? Even those on the other side of the river in Alton or surrounding neighborhoods?

Would love to find a person or group to go cruising and to motorcycle events with.

#2 ·
Yes. Right here.

I live in Des Peres, and I know the east side of the river well.
Don't know my way around Missouri very well and would like to meet up with someone who does.

#4 ·
Awesome! I'm in Saint Ann, near the old north west plaza mall. I'm out working on getting my speaker system installed while it rains today. Last season was my first out on a bike, so I don't know all the best places, but exploring is half the fun!

Feel free to get in touch when you're up for a ride and we'll see when schedules work out. Most Sundays in April and May I'll be playing kickball, but should be up for most any Saturday rides.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
I'm a bit away in Columbia, but I'd be game for some rides!

#7 ·
Any riders from St Louis on the these boards? Even those on the other side of the river in Alton or surrounding neighborhoods?

Would love to find a person or group to go cruising and to motorcycle events with.
I am on the other side of the river and would love to ride anytime. I am in Belleville, and I have family that lives in Grafton and ride the River Road all the tiime; which is a good ride, so I'm down for a ride whenever.

#8 ·
I live close to Mt. Vernon Illinois but my g/f lives in Fenton so we ride over there a lot, too. Ready to head up to Grafton if spring ever arrives.....
Never crossed a ferry on a bike. That'll be cool.

#9 ·
Did the ferry last year for the first time in the cage. Haven't done it on the bike yet. If any of you are ever up for just hanging out (before it warms up) would love to maybe set up a meet & greet before hand.

That way, at least we'll know if we can stand each other for a couple hours before we spend the day together riding :D

#16 ·
This next weekend is supposed to be dry (as long as the snow melts) and in the upper 50s and lower 60s. I know Sunday is Easter (for those that celebrate), but if anyone is down for a Saturday or Sunday ride, let me know.

I subscribed to this thread so I get emails and the cell phone app alerts me whenever someone replies here. Or, you can PM me. I'm up for either side of the river, we can go for a ride through some country fields or go bar hopping (to stay warm, obviously) across the county.

Anyone interested in a slightly chilly ride?

#17 ·
Saturday is looking pretty good so far; I will keep checking this thread or PM me please.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#18 ·
For those on the MO side, it looks like a pretty decent middle ground is Highway 67 and Watson Road. There is a biker loving bar and grill there, Mile 277.

From there, I'm not sure the best route to take. We could head south/southwest and ride along the Meramec. We could head west/northwest and ride through the hills of Ballwin and Wildwood areas. Further south we have Butler Lakes and the Arnold area.

If anyone knows these areas and has any input on good routes, that would be awesome!

#19 ·
I'm new to the area and have lived in Missouri for less than a year; however I can say that the Meramec or Wildwood options sound good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#20 · (Edited)
I found this loop - Motorcycle Roads (MO): Catawissa Loop

It's about 80-90 miles. Instead of hitting 44, we can take 67 south to 30/Gravois and then Gravois Rd west towards the rest of the loop and then once we get back to the MM/30 intersection those of us who live north can split off from those who live south and we can continue on until we hit our respective exits - or we can meet back at Mile 277 at the end of the ride to regroup and then we can all head out.

I'm good with whatever.

Edit: I recreated the Catawissa Loop into Google Maps (or at least, pretty close) - http://goo.gl/maps/GrHXk [Edit2: updated map]

#21 ·
I found this loop - Motorcycle Roads (MO): Catawissa Loop

It's about 80-90 miles. Instead of hitting 44, we can take 67 south to 30/Gravois and then Gravois Rd west towards the rest of the loop and then once we get back to the MM/30 intersection those of us who live north can split off from those who live south and we can continue on until we hit our respective exits - or we can meet back at Mile 277 at the end of the ride to regroup and then we can all head out.

I'm good with whatever.

Edit: I recreated the Catawissa Loop into Google Maps (or at least, pretty close) - Mile 277 Tap & Grill to Route W - Google Maps

Looks good. Stay in touch.

#22 ·
Hey guys, I'm north St. Louis, in Florissant. I ride with the CMA out of St. Charles. :) I've been on the forums for a bit but got quiet over the winter. Just traded in my 750 for an 1100 today. So excited! My husband is going to bring it home this Friday for me while I'm at work. Maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime. I liked the map loop, looks like fun!

#23 ·
Good to meet you! Congrats on the new bike, I thought about getting a new bike this season, but it may have to wait until next year... me and the missus are looking for a new house first.

If you and your husband are up for a ride this Saturday, we'd love to have you along! Maybe tomorrow I'll make an actual event post about it with all the links and info in one place.

#24 ·
. . . Maybe tomorrow I'll make an actual event post about it with all the links and info in one place.

I sent you a PM with my cell number so that we might exchange texts and work out details . . . Are you familiar with the route? I'm new to Missouri roads, so I'm not.

As you said earlier, it might be good to be certain we are all on the same page with regard to riding style, personality, etc. It does look good. I'm dealing with arthritis, so it needs to be 60 degrees or above--or at least in that neighborhood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.