Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for stainless steel brake lines for my 1997 ACE Shadow 1100. Does anybody make these or do I need to go custom? Are they all the same or is there a substantial difference in quality? I am also considering powder coating the calipers, I will do it myself and wonder if this is a good or bad idea... thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You should be alright powder coating the calipers, the big companies do it (Baer etc.). Keep in mind though that brake fluid will still eat through powder coating, especially if it’s shiny or gloss. So be extra careful with spills. I did my clutch M/C and it was loosening in spots in no time.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stainless brake lines

Thank you to all who responded to this thread. This information is invaluable. I will purchase the lines and post back once they are installed.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Polishing brake calipers

have you thought about polishing your calipers instead of powder coating them?
Certainly would consider that. What metal are the calipers? I can get aluminum buffed to look like chrome, so I am pretty good with the wheel. I also like to powder coat. So it comes down to whichever will look best.

·
Registered
756 Posts
My calipers are aluminum, not certain about your but most bikes have aluminum calipers, just threw it out there as an option, depends on the look you want,
i am going to polish mine along with my clutch and brake mater cylinders, but keep putting it off...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts