Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the military and for them to move my bike I had to drain the fuel. So I disconnected the fuel line just before the fuel filter. Anticipating a long breaking in reviving old girl I started is and ran it completely dry. Now the revival has come and I am having a hard time getting her going.

Two questions: first my battery was run down while trying to get it started. Will I have to get a new one or once I get her going will it recharge?

Second what Can I do to help get this thing going? I checked for fuel flow to the filter and out and everything looks good. It acted like it wanted to start a couple of times but with the battery dying it was hard to tell.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
How old is the battery....1.5 to 2 years I would opt for a new one. Try charging it and see how she does. If you have a starting option on the charger apply that while trying to get her to kick over....sometimes it just needs that extra juice.

Gonz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gonzo. As far as I know it is the original battery, so I think I will get a new one. If I was to get it started would the bike re charge it?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
As long as you run some higher RPMs, like riding it. The battery doesn't get charged at idle.

Gonz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts