Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are y'all mounting the usual chrome plate,, where you mount your state inspection or local decal? In Virginia, you have to place it on the left side of bike. I can't see me sticking it to the front lower fork tube! Any pics? 2007 Shadow Spirit 1100.

·
Registered
191 Posts
GTO 1
Find a shop that will work with you and put it somewhere like inside of one of the side covers. Really, who is going to look for an inspection sticker?
Bill

By the way,, what year Goat?

·
Registered
335 Posts
My vote? Mount it on the frame, behind the kickstand... then it's only visible when you're parked! The other option would be on the frame a little farther forward, opposite the VIN sticker on the right side. ( I am assuming it's flexible like that, not a rigid plate).

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
I mounted my base decals on a piece of thin plexiglass, then drilled a hole in it. On the VLX, it is bolted to one of the windshield screws. On the Spirit it is on the side of the radiator cover. Could also have used thin aluminum sheet stock, but I don't have a way to cut it.

Looks permanent at a glance, but easily removable if I sell either bike.

CB

·
Registered
190 Posts
We don't have inspection stickers here in SC, but I have an entry sticker to allow vehicle gate access here at work.

On my 750 Spirit, under the lower section of the triple tree there are the threaded ends of two bolts (screws) that stick down and are part of the headlight mount I believe (I'll have to look again when I get home). There was enough threads exposed to put a self-locking nut and angle bracket on each one. I mounted the two little angle brackets and then mounted a piece of Lexan barely large enough to apply the 2 x 3 inch sticker. Our stickers are designed to be mounted on the inside of the windshield, so I needed a transparent mount, but you could just as easily use a sticker that mounts on an exterior surface.

However, I think I remember my sons Va Beach sticker on his new Boulevard was larger, maybe 4 inches high and 2 inches or so wide, so it may not work well for you. He had to grit his teeth and stick it to the lower fork tube.

Rick

·
Registered
327 Posts
While this topic is up, my bike has a NC inspection sticker on the lower fork tube. I haven't removed 'cause I read somewhere about someone scratching the tube all up trying to remove one. Is there and easy way to get this off?

·
Registered
318 Posts
here in vermomt they automatically stick the inspection sticker on the lower left fork tube. must be the same in new hampshire, since i bought my bike there and that's where it was. funny thing is that my left fork leg always leaks oil, so by the time of the next inspection the sticker is darned near falling off. in vermont they also put the inspection sticker for cars in the center of the windshield right under the rear view mirror, which blocks alot of the road you are trying to see. i liked massachusetts better where the sticker was in the lower passenger side corner of the windshield. i wish i had a choice where that stupid sticker went, whether on a bike or on a car!

barrett

·
Registered
865 Posts
My West Virginia sticker is on the inside of the left side cover. That's where the Honda dealer put it. Hopefully when I get it re inspected this Spring I can get it in the same place.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
gremlin said:
here in vermomt they automatically stick the inspection sticker on the lower left fork tube.
In Pa most places just stick it on the left fork leg too - but that doesn't mean it's the only legal place to put it.

Pa and Vt both allow the sticker on the left front fork or on a sticker plate attached to the left side of the bike (Vt specifically says a metal tag securely attached to the left front frame - you can also put it on your windshield in Vt).

·
Registered
188 Posts
Texas must be weird then...ours is normally mounted on a smaller plate that extends below or above the license plate. Its really the only way I've seen it, but I have a few inspection stickers from other states on my forks that I'm sure the previous owners had placed there.

Even got a military base sticker on there from Panama. Makes me wonder the history of the scoot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts