Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again folks,
just received the above yesterday, I had bought it through e-bay (seller 510 mike in California).
I requested shipment via USPS which he did and again no duties or taxes :D :D :D . Couldn't be happier.
You've got to hear this horn to believe it - I hooked it up to my big power supply in the garage and almost messed myself.
It draws almost 20 A. This thing is L O U D like in IT HURTS loud with a very pleasant 2 note tone. Just what I wanted. Besides it is very compact ie. compressor and horns all in one unit and should be easy to mount.
I'll tackle that job tormorrow - I can't wait.
I might buy 2 more for my cars (Civic and Elantra) with their
"excuse me, if you don't mind but would you please consider getting out of the way, but only if it's no trouble" MEEP MEEP horns. :shock:
Happy Sasquatch :D :D

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Sasquatch said:
I hooked it up to my big power supply in the garage and almost messed myself.
:) TMI., dude ... TMI
It draws almost 20 A.
Really? Wow. Does your motorcycle even have a 20amp circuit? Or are you looking at laying in a separate circuit for that.

Heck, for that matter ... do our rides even have the fuse slots to lay in a new circuit? I can wire a house ... in fact, I've done it. But I know nothing about the electrical systems of these bikes.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I put one on the wife's Blazer...works great!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was looking at one awhile back, Even though the stock horn isn't the loudest it's fun to beep because it's such a small annoying sound.

Ebay lately seems to be the place to be getting things, I've found quite a few parts lately that are alot cheaper and the arrive alot faster then buying from any other places.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TucsonDon said:
Sasquatch said:
It draws almost 20 A.
Really? Wow. Does your motorcycle even have a 20amp circuit? Or are you looking at laying in a separate circuit for that.

Heck, for that matter ... do our rides even have the fuse slots to lay in a new circuit? I can wire a house ... in fact, I've done it. But I know nothing about the electrical systems of these bikes.
Hey Doc,
I just bought an inline fuseholder and plan to put a 20 or 25 A fuse into it.
I'll hook it up directly to my battery. It should be no problem since you don't use (or shouldn't use) your horn for extended periods of time.
It goes without saying that you have to run the Stebel via the
included 12 V relay.

·
Registered
79 Posts
TucsonDon said:
Sasquatch said:
It draws almost 20 A.

You have to buy an inline fuse holder and run it straight from the battery. Now that's what I call a horn!

·
Registered
198 Posts
You might want to check & see if Gonzo has any more of his relay setups. They are really nice and have the relay built in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I gotta get one of those it has to beat yell'n at em....Yes I can yell louder than my bikes horn, and even say how I feel about what happened. :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
My son just sent me one of these, and the box is sitting in the garage. I already have five horns on my 1100 Aero and 750 Magna - 138 db Stebel Hi & Lo Magnum Blasters, 132 db Fiamm Hi & Lo Freeway Blasters, plus the stock toot-toot. I practically crap myself when I accidentally hit the horn button going for the turn signals - sounds like a giant effing Buick on steroids. I can only imagine what it'll sound like if I add the Stebel Air Horn.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, I just finished wiring up the horn today (and it's looking pretty sweet if I do say so myself). I guess all the "it's so loud you'll crap your pants" I kept hearing put the bar up a little too high, because I was expecting louder. Don't get me wrong, it'll get someone's attention (that's for sure), but I was hoping for temporary deafness :wink:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I uploaded some pics into photobucket but am not sure how to get them on this forum.
I'll try it - bear with me
Here it goes
[/img]

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By gosh - I did it - here are some more. I mounted the horn on the top bar of my LH engine guard. Looks pretty good.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
I hope these pics aren't too big.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts