Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to add a stem spanner wrench tool to my list of tools needed for use on my two motorcycles.
Anyone use this one? Looks as it will fit several sizes. :serious:

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Looks like a solid buy. Replaces the need to have the handle and several different sized heads. Id give it a go. I actually may give that a buy myself

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
These are the style I've used for years. The smallest goes from 3/4" to 2" which should do everything on a bike including shocks.

·
Premium Member
6,948 Posts
These are the style I've used for years. The smallest goes from 3/4" to 2" which should do everything on a bike including shocks.

Where did you come by those? McMaster-Carr by any chance. I bought a bikemaster spanner a few years back and had to grind the inside radius to get a good grab, and I still don't like it.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I have used Williams spanner wrench's every day in a factory manufacturing transmissions for 30 years.They take a beating and as crude as they look work very well,better than one size fixed ones like the one Honda put in the tool bag.Snap-On sells them but Amazon does to for a better price.Go to Amazon's web site, enter this,"Williams Adjustable Pin Spanner Wrench" , and pay attention to the reviews on selection of set's verses one wrench there seems to be a discrepancy on some.The shop I worked in tried to save money on tools but these were the best ,I never have had one to break,they have a spring pin that will lose it's spring over many daily uses but hardware stores carry them.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
Where did you come by those? McMaster-Carr by any chance. I bought a bikemaster spanner a few years back and had to grind the inside radius to get a good grab, and I still don't like it.

Actually they are on Amazon for $27. In additional "info" its called Snap On industrial version.

Williams 471 Adjustable Hook Spanner Wrench, 3/4 to 2-Inch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts