Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm in need of some advice.
I ride a 2007 shadow VT750 Aero and recently developed a weird problem. It first started out that I had to very lightly tap my shifter before actually shifting down like it was kind of jammed or something. Now, I have to do it when shifting up. To add to the confusion, I can shift down or up once before the problem arises. I can always shift into first from neutral. This light tap before shifting is a thing that happens about 80 % of the time I try to shift.
I have only done outside visual inspection of what I can see of the linkages and didn't see any obstructions. Maybe it's just gummed up? I haven't dropped it or anything like that either. Anyone else heard of this?
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Try lubing the shift linkage. Pull the rubber boots back and grease the coupling joints. Then refit the rubber boots.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Change your oil to Amsoil too :)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
As Da Skipper said, cleaning an lubing the linkage is where you want to start. I'm betting you'll find that your problem goes away with that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was glad someone posted this I thought the problem was me and may still be but going to grease the shifter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.