Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wandering if anyone on this forum as studded their own seat, sissy bar.
A studded mustang seat here in the u.k. would set you back at least £500 ($1000) so i am thinking of studding the stock seat.
Any advice or pic's would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hey Alan,

I personally haven't done it but have seen the results of others that have.

The toughest part of the job will be re-installing the cover on the seat...second only to taking it off. The seat is held on by staples. So once you start removing them, it gets easier. To re-install, use a staple gun to put new staples back in. Someone will hopefully chime in about what staples to use etc.

Once you have the cover off, use chalk to draw your lines and mark the locations of the studs, then install them. The chalk will wash off very easily once you have the project completed and will help you keep everything neat or orderly.

I am not even going to try to say where you can get the studs in the U.K. Hopefully you have hobby stores there and they will have them. You can get them online too...but again, I am not sure of any U.K. sources.

Hope this helps.

Joe

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Honda Shadow VT1100C. 1993 Honda VF750C Magna.
1,379 Posts
alanc1963 said:
Thanks a million Spirit that info was just what i was looking for.
By the way anyone else living in the u.k. i found a supplier for the studs and conchos on e-bay
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Custom-Bikers-Luggage-Accessories
Hey Alan

The 'anyone else living in the UK' would probably be me and imthedaddy, although he doesn't post much.

I obviously missed your initial posts on the forum. This is a great place to make good friends and learn a hell of a lot. Stick around, man.

Respect

Collector

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi collector your dead right about this site, it is a mine of information.
Only last week i was wiring in a set of spotlights and was going to wire them directly to the low beam wire,thanks to people on this forum and the warnings of burning the starter switch out without using a relay i saved myself a lot of time and expense in the future.
Really like your chop,not sure about the job though lol!
Cheers
Alan

·
Registered
1 Posts
studs

Why anyone would use the split type pin studs on a motorcycle I will never figure out or why anyone would send a link to someone suggesting they use this type of stud. These are the kind I had on my Roy Rogers toy holster.

The only type stud I would use are called dome rivets. The rivets are attached with a concave tool with a mallet or hammer. They are heavier, more durable and will not come off.
The trick to attaching these is is to use correct length rivet on the back side.

The rivets can be found at Tandy leather company or several other sellers. If anyone wants a sample of these rivits, I will send you a few. Send me your home or business address. I have plenty. [email protected]
Don in Phoenix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts