Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my battery is shot again. It's still limping along, so I'm looking into a better option than the Yuasa T battery that is stock. I prefer cheeper, but would really like somthing that is maintanence free. I suck at remembering to add water. :x

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
brburns8 said:
Alright, my battery is shot again. It's still limping along, so I'm looking into a better option than the Yuasa T battery that is stock. I prefer cheeper, but would really like somthing that is maintanence free. I suck at remembering to add water. :x

Yuasa YTZ-14S AGM Sealed. -are you sure your charging system is working properly, not over or under charging???

www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.com

You can also find knock-off's.

MarkC just went through this deciscion making process - view some of his posts over the last week or two. He provided some very useful information recently.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My charging system is good. I had a bad stator 2 years back and I think I weakend the battery then. I also let it go dry a few times.

Thanks for the response, I will look into the sealed one.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Ya, you can't be running a battery dry. That's just asking for trouble. You must be over charging it, or you have accessories that are causing your battery to run hot, in shich case, all the water eventually evaporates out of it. I would suggest checking your battery level once a month on any bike you own. Keeping them topped off will keep the good for 6-7 years with no problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts