Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wish I could go this year, but unable time wise. The last time I rode to Sturgis was 04 and on a 96 Honda Shadow VT600C with a passenger and full rally pack. No one said **it to me other then " wow, you rode that bike all the way hear with a pasenger and all"? You are hard core girl....I heard a few times....LOL. So I will plan to go again, perhaps next year, but unable to this year.

Have fun and ride safe....Enjoy!
Lorre
:D

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hondaguy said:
I'd go if I had a Harley BMW or Valkarie. Can't do it on a HD "look a like". I'm funny that way.
I think there is almost an entire street dedicated to Honda.

I don't want to start anything here.... But if you dont' want to go on a "HD look a like" because you don't want to offend any HD guys then I think you bought your bike for the wrong reason man.

·
Registered
150 Posts
me and the little lady have a cabin reserved for the entire week @ the Sturgis Road Campground

Not making the ride though. got a u haul.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Went last year on a 'Wing to work....this year on thwe 'Wing with my son to just ride around and see the country.
Have a standing reservation at a nearby campground.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Not for all the tea in China.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
meatpopsicle said:
Hondaguy said:
I'd go if I had a Harley BMW or Valkarie. Can't do it on a HD "look a like". I'm funny that way.
I think there is almost an entire street dedicated to Honda.

I don't want to start anything here.... But if you dont' want to go on a "HD look a like" because you don't want to offend any HD guys then I think you bought your bike for the wrong reason man.
I don't believe my bike is "offensive" in any way to anyone (except the pipes to a few other riders here). AS for the reason I bought my bike be assured I did not buy my bike to parade down the street in front of 100,000 Harley riders. In my opinion riding a "look a like" to an HD rally is akin to Vanilla Ice showing up at a RAP convention. This is just my opinion and feeling about it. In no way do I think its right or should be adhered to by anyone. My hangup. All those who will go will enjoy it I'm sure. It's just me.

Certain Rallys are all about the common bond between owners of a certain bike that goes beyond "just being another rider of motorcycles" Gold Wingers have them as well. Other rallys are just about bikes.

Sturgis is primarily and has been a Harley Davidson rally where other bikes are pretty much segregated . I'm not into segregation, even by choice. If I don't feel as welcome as the next guy or being patronized it's not worth the experience. If and when I pay the "entry fee" and join the "club" I'll be there with bells on.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
Howie said:
chornbe said:

hehehehe....

I couldn't agree more (and it has nothing to do with the HD brand of motorcycles)
Yep. I've had it with "bikers".

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was invited to go, but the guys that wanted me to go are camping and trailering their bikes there... If I go, I'm riding there, but after 1700 miles, I want a bed to sleep in for at least one night.

I looked into hotels, and they are all booked up, so I'm out this year...

·
Registered
47 Posts
My wife brought it up last night. She wants to go but she wants to ride down. I suppose a few practice rides for her first are in order (she has never gone more than 100 miles in one ride)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I plan on taking 2 days to get there. I checked online and it shows 980 miles one way. I have sent my money for the reservations along with a few other friends. This is a first for me so it will be an experience. It will also be the furthest destination I have ridden on my motorcycle. I have traveled for several days before but not that far. I will be riding by myself and just meeting up with friends. If anyone is interested in hooking up I will be leaving mid MO Saturday morning, 4th of Aug.

·
Registered
39 Posts
chornbe said:
Isn't it nice knowing 3 or 4 billion Chinese plus 300 thousand bikers in Sturgis could care less whether Chornbe shows up or not? :lol:

I'll be trying to go to meet up with Buttman, Big Al and Navilluso and the gang. It's always a great time and the trip is the fun part. Those that have never been someplace seldom give very good advise.... just their opinions. Later

·
Registered
134 Posts
I went to sturgis in 2003 on my 1999 ACE Harley look alike bike :roll:
All went great made some friends and such you can ride what you want just dont go around with a chip on your shoulder about anyone else or what they have and life will be alot sweeter. The only ones that will give you a second look most of the times are the wannabies with their trailer queens. The real bikers just like to see others in the wind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Im going to attemp the ride on my 700 this year with my dad and a few other guys. Camping for a week. I havent ever rode more then a 100 miles in a day, so i will have to do some longer runs this summer before then .My dad says theres not much issue with anybody, he did say some of the riders frown upon you if you trailer out there but i wont be doing that. Im totally not into the whole biker thing, i got my bike for the gas miledge and to ride with a few friends. Its about 610 miles from the twin cities, so should be good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.