1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,220 Posts
I've had a house rented there for the 75th for the past year and half. Can't wait to go. There are 10 of us so far going and we hope to get up to 18 by the time we leave. Sure will be a great road trip. Here's a pic of where we are staying.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
A friend asked me to go out with him and a group of guys next year. The wife wants to rent a house out in the black hills next year. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull off both. I could be real deep in the doghouse by this time next year.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I was thinking about skipping Sturgis this year, mainly because of the 75th anniversary. I'm re-thinking that, though. Regardless of the extra crowds...

Hey, it's the 75th anniversary! :cool:

It's still a long way off though. Being a moto-camper, I've never had to make reservations before, but with all the hubbub this year I guess I'll call around this week and see what's available. If my schedule doesn't allow it, I'll know well enough ahead of time to cancel any reservations, and I'm sure they won't have any trouble filling my spot. :wink:

I don't think the congestion around the town will be a big issue for me anyway because it's always congested for the rally. It's just a matter of degree. Anyway, besides the rally, I mostly go there as a base of operations to tour all the great sites in the area. The event is just icing on the cake.

I'm usually out of my tent and on my way early enough every morning that I miss most of the traffic....until I return to town...But that just goes with the territory. You plan for the extra time, or you just don't worry about the extra time it takes to get through Sturgis.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
It would be nice to able to say i've been to Sturgis but the truth is the two things
i try to avoid in life are (outside of pain and humiliation) are Noise and Crowds.
In the past, i've dealt with noise and crowds by drinking, but i don't drink anymore.

·
Registered
17,988 Posts
In prayer that $$$ will be in place for me to make the 75th...

First ever for me was 71st in 2011...
Four took off from south GA and stayed at Robins Nest in Hill City...
Sharing expenses helps... :)
Hopeful,
Dennis

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
5,021 Posts
Its on my bucket list someday the time and money may allow it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts