Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going up there from Denver on my Aero 750, Sunday the 6th, coming back Wednesday the 9th. Meeting a couple HD riding pals who have an RV spot at Glencoe.

Anyone else on Team Honda going?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I'm headed out a little early. My sis & her boyfriend are flying in from Frankfurt (yes, THAT Frankfurt) and we are headed to SoDak on Monday, July 31. We will spend a few days on the east side with family, then head for Sturgis on the 3rd. We are staying at a cabin just south of Lead until the 8th, then headed back.

Not sure what our internet connection is going to look like once we get there, but we are totally open to meeting up with others while we are out there. If it's your first time, there's some fantastic riding out there.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,583 Posts
I would love the trip but I hate crowds.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Back to the civilization, and @Ramie, this is the year you should've gone. It was still busy, but the numbers are going to be WAY down. Traffic was nothing like I have seen in the past.

BTW - the Valk will hit 110mph fully loaded somewhere East of Pierre, SD. :)

We had a great time & the weather was beautiful almost the entire time. Here's a clip from Spearfish Canyon last Friday (8/4/2017).

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Just got back home yesterday night. I had a good time as usual, but a nasty pinched nerve in my back that came out of nowhere caused me to decide to leave a day earlier than planned.
Bummer.
But still...Worth it. :)

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,583 Posts
Back to the civilization, and @Ramie, this is the year you should've gone. It was still busy, but the numbers are going to be WAY down. Traffic was nothing like I have seen in the past.

BTW - the Valk will hit 110mph fully loaded somewhere East of Pierre, SD. :)

We had a great time & the weather was beautiful almost the entire time. Here's a clip from Spearfish Canyon last Friday (8/4/2017).

http://youtu.be/5XLzhA4hMUE
I got part way there J, at least to Granite Falls, only another 500.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts