Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Magna VF700C
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here’s a weird one...I’m finishing up a restore project and changing fork seals. When i took the forks apart, I found that the space at the top of the forks above the spring was jammed down into the spring. After looking at a schematic, it looks like I’m missing a washer from each fork that sits on the spring and prevents that from happening. (Thanks, previous owner). Anyhow - oddly enough - these are bavkordered from Honda and nobody has in stock. I managed to fine one on eBay but obviously need one more for the other fork. Any thoughts on just taking the one I have to Napa or Home Depot and trying to find one that matches??
3C038A7A-935F-4700-B299-359CDF50DD2B.jpeg

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
690 Posts
Any suitable washer that closely matches the outside and inside diameter of what you have should be fine, if you can’t find something similar in thickness to the one you have(they’re kinda thin) then I’d replace them both with the same thing you find and I would face the smoothest side towards the spring/spacer.

·
Registered
1984 Magna VF700C
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea - I found some zinc ones that are nearly identical, just a bit thicker. You think those will hold up until I can get the OEM ones or is that too soft of a metal?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts