Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Riders in Nebraska, howdy!

I'm in Virginia, and I hope you can suggest a ride (or two or three) in Nebraska. My plan is to fly to Nebraska (probably Omaha), rent a bike, and then ride for two or three days into the heart of the state, staying at motels along the way. I'd like to make one big loop so that I return the bike where I started, go back to the airport, and then fly back to Virginia....rested, relaxed, and thinking, "Wow! That was some beautiful country and great people!"

Can anyone here suggest a route to ride or towns to pin on the map as overnight locations?

Regards,

Hancock

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry @Hancock , been away for a few weeks. Off the top of my head, hwy 2 through the sandhills and out to Scottsbluff is a good ride. Hwy 20 in Northeast NE is called the outlaw trail. I enjoyed hwy 34 from Kearney to pine bluff, which is the border to Wyoming. I'll put more thought into it and reply again later.

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Hancock . I've only heard great things about this ride, but the Loess Hills in Western Iowa is supposed to be wonderful and they run right beside Omaha so you can either start or end you trip there. Loess Hills National Scenic Byway - Home
I mentioned the outlaw trail which is Hwy 12 (I think I posted 20 before) in Northeast Nebraska. https://scenicbyways.info/byway/16469.html
I don't travel much in the South of the state and I've never been to the Southwest corner so I'm not much help there.
If you do make it out, let me know and I'll meet up with you somewhere along the way. If the links don't work just google loess hills and nebraska outlaw trail. I'm not a computer guru.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts