Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Denali SoundBomb (clone of the Stebel Nautilus) for Christmas. I want to mount it here on a 09 Shadow Spirit (see attached picture), but I can't find any good bracket or mount online, or at Home Depot. I have no metal fab skills, even for something simple as this, so my question is: any suggestions on what to use or buy to mount it in this location? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
timmerk I'm a machinist welder/fabricator and I'd be happy to help you. A cardboard or cereal box template/duplicate is the best way to do something like that. Otherwise any welding shop local to you can do it for not too much money.

Edit: After posting that response, I noticed you said it was an 09 Shadow Spirit. Well, my wife's bike is an 07 Shadow Spirit. That'll make it easy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
LLLL Bring it over, We`ll figure it out...
Although Beezer done offered...
Don't matter, whichever's quicker. I do have lots of material and the stuff to do it. Either way it looks like he's gonna get it done. I've always wanted to mount the horn from a diesel locomotive onto my bike, but the air compressor and accumulator would take up too much room. In reality I guess it could get a guy into trouble.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Mounted my Stebel Nautilus under the bike on the cross frame by use of a pipe hanger i picked up at Lowe's. It's completly out of sight and nice and loud.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Mounted my Stebel Nautilus under the bike on the cross frame by use of a pipe hanger i picked up at Lowe's. It's completly out of sight and nice and loud.
Sounds like my 1100c2, and on my bike the cross frame piece by the oil filter and the r/r already a mounting hole in it, ended up being a great place for my Wolo. If your bike is like mine its out of site and really loud unless you just want the horn out so everyone can enjoy it!:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the offers, Beezer and Captain D! I decided to first try nraluke's suggestion with the pipe hanger clamped to the cross frame. I might take one of you up on your offer if I fail with this. I'm going to try to stick it on the front side of the rear cross frame next to the oil filter. I can't mount it like KCochran has it (although I wish I could to get it higher off the ground) because it turns out I have a CA emissions model (even though I'm in Arizona), and there is a big old Evap canister taking up all the space behind the rear cross frame. :x

I'll let everyone know how it goes.. thanks!

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Sounds like my 1100c2, and on my bike the cross frame piece by the oil filter and the r/r already a mounting hole in it, ended up being a great place for my Wolo. If your bike is like mine its out of site and really loud unless you just want the horn out so everyone can enjoy it!:D

Oh man you've given me a great idea. I've also been searching for a place to put my WOLO. I recently purchased a wiring harness, but haven't figured out where to put the darn thing. I like "out of the way."

Beezer: I may be contacting you for some fabricating.

·
Registered
18,127 Posts
I`m in thought of moving my horn...
I "tooted" at a friend who lives on Ga highway 30...
He was outside and waved, so I turned around, and stopped to speak... (insteadda just tooting) ;)
When I straddled the saddle to leave, he commented "the horn isn`t very loud"...
It is tucked behind the air dam and is LOUD from my seating position to me, but NOT out front or to the left of the bike, which was his position...100 feet away...
SO, this is one I`m pondering on, that I wanna pass on to you also...

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,466 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Be aware that you can separate the two parts of the Wolo and mount them in different places with a piece of vinyl tubing connecting the compressor to the plastic horn. I had to do that on the Wee-Strom to get it to fit under the instrument cowl. Separating the parts doesn't affect performance at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts